Happy Hump day, shreddheads. Nightrage is finally streaming the full version of their upcoming release Insidious over on the Finnish mag Inferno. Gotta credit TNOTB for bringing this one to my (in)attention (I’ve been trying to catch the red dot from my coworkers laser pointer all morning). As I’ve been listening to it throughout the day I’m not sure how to feel. I definitely don’t hate it and it certainly sounds like the kind of thing that will grow on me. The guitarwork is as always enthralling for a shred-goober like myself and I certainly root for the success of a band that’s almost been a stepping stone for members of several other more widely heralded bands. Though Gus G. (Firewind, Ozzy) and Tomas Lindberg (At The Gates) have been out of the band for a while it’s good to see Antony Hämäläinen continue with the band after about a 5 year period when they were essentially just the Spinal Tap of vocalists. 2007 Wearing a Martyr’s Crown was anythingbut universally praised and added a lot of modern metalcore elements. Now, those elements are definitely not gone but the aggression certainly helps the dudes deliver all the elements people miss from older In Flames while incorporating some clean sung parts and acoustic passages. Jury is still out but I certainly recommend a debriefing. The album is due out sometime in October.
- Seance on TUESDAY TIME MACHINE: OZZY OSBOURNE – THE ULTIMATE SIN (1986)
- DS on BLACK FRIDAY: ARSONIST LODGE
- The Metal Advisor on NEW VIDS FROM JESS AND THE ANCIENT ONES, DE LA CRUZ, KVELERTAK
- DAVE GROWL DIRECTS NEW SOUNDGARDEN VIDEO. ALSO, HERE'S THE VIDEO. on WHAT TO DO ABOUT SOUNDGARDEN
- STREAM THE NEW ENFORCER ALBUM, YOU'LL THANK ME on As The Streets Freeze, Cauldron Continues to Melt Faces.