I feel like less of neanderthal after just once quick run through of the video trailer below. Complete with cynical images of wall street fat cats; representatives dressed as grim reapers at the United Nations; space aliens landing at the mall in DC; environmentalists and various other activists running amok; Barry Obama on puppet strings; and no less than Jesus in a space suit; there is a lot to digest. One thing is for sure, it’s great to have new material from a band that dissuades people from thinking of metalheads as knuckle-dragging burnouts. What’s more is that this looks like it’s going to beat Ministry‘s efforts by a mile. Not only is the music better (albeit different) but, even as a longtime Ministry fan, Al Jourgensen’s pseudo-activist conspiracy theory obsessions have really smacked of artistic (as well as psychological?) burnout. So, if you’re a member of the insider establishment, tasked with keeping a finger on the pulse of counterculture, surely something so aware and so scathing is bound to make you uncomfortable. A message is only as salient as the audience that receives it, of course, and we metalheads aren’t exactly running “get out the vote” campaigns, are we? Still, public discontent has proven itself a powerful force throughout history and it’s awesome to see that after all these years Napalm Death is still able to harness that while creating killer tunes. New single “Leper Colony” is also below.
- Seance on TUESDAY TIME MACHINE: OZZY OSBOURNE – THE ULTIMATE SIN (1986)
- DS on BLACK FRIDAY: ARSONIST LODGE
- The Metal Advisor on NEW VIDS FROM JESS AND THE ANCIENT ONES, DE LA CRUZ, KVELERTAK
- DAVE GROWL DIRECTS NEW SOUNDGARDEN VIDEO. ALSO, HERE'S THE VIDEO. on WHAT TO DO ABOUT SOUNDGARDEN
- STREAM THE NEW ENFORCER ALBUM, YOU'LL THANK ME on As The Streets Freeze, Cauldron Continues to Melt Faces.