Upon first premiering the new single a couple of weeks ago, Jerry Cantrell seems to have addressed those of us in the audience who were struck by Black Gives Way To Blue and its notably less ominous vibes than those the band is historically known for. “Hollow” is almost a mid-paced dirge, oppressively heavy for anything that might still be considered “rock”. The video channels all sorts of Event Horizon / Dead Space heebie jeebies but as the main character slowly loses his mind to a haunting Chains soundtrack, you’ll notice some really illogical behavior on his part. Maybe I’m just rly old but there are a lot of “he should know better” moments here. Full disclosure: I’m reading some epic subthemes here about a species isolated on a personal level by its own technological progress. Thankfully, I’ve configured my OS to understand my awful, terrible, inane humor. I’ve got my friends. Let’s get on with the dystopia.
- Seance on TUESDAY TIME MACHINE: OZZY OSBOURNE – THE ULTIMATE SIN (1986)
- DS on BLACK FRIDAY: ARSONIST LODGE
- The Metal Advisor on NEW VIDS FROM JESS AND THE ANCIENT ONES, DE LA CRUZ, KVELERTAK
- DAVE GROWL DIRECTS NEW SOUNDGARDEN VIDEO. ALSO, HERE'S THE VIDEO. on WHAT TO DO ABOUT SOUNDGARDEN
- STREAM THE NEW ENFORCER ALBUM, YOU'LL THANK ME on As The Streets Freeze, Cauldron Continues to Melt Faces.